|A Christmas Story|
|Season 1, Episode 11|
|Air date||December 15, 1982|
|Written by||Joanne Pagliaro|
|Directed by||Will Mackenzie|
Have Gun, Will Unravel
A Christmas Story is the eleventh episode of the first season of Family Ties. It aired on December 15, 1982.
Christmas at the Keatons, and plans for a holiday ski trip are knocked out by blizzard. Looking through a photo album causes the family to flash back to earlier days.
- Africa 1965 - Steven and Elyse meet in the Peace Corps and during a drought, Alex is born.
- Berkeley, CA 1967 - Dr. Larry Waxman (played by Charles Levin), an old buddy of Steven's from Camp Cuyahoga, helps to deliver Mallory (while Steven is away taking a Poli-Sci final).
- Columbus, OH 1972 - Steven and Elyse were on their way to vote for McGovern when Jennifer decided to enter the world.
- Nixon won the 1972 election 520-17 in the Electoral College (largest landslide until Reagan's 1984 win), and specifically in Ohio, Nixon won by more than 880,000 votes (not as close as Steven estimated).
- The traditional Keaton Christmas photo (as in "A Keaton Christmas Carol") because Steven gets a camera as a present.
- In "Where's Poppa?", Alex reveals that he ran away from home because of his parents' vote for McGovern.