Episode #43 - Season 2, Episode 21
First Aired: May 3, 1984
Jennifer is in the hospital to have her tonsils removed. She is understandably afraid of the procedure ahead, so she writes her fears to her diary. The episode flashes back to earlier memories of Jennifer thinking about how badly she's treated her family (though apparently not from older episodes). Mallory is nervous about her date with Kevin (played by Michael David Wright), and Jennifer does her best to mess it up. She tries to manipulate her parents against one another, fails to help Alex rehearse, and has a major attitude with her mother for going back to work. She learns some things along the way, and makes amends with her family after the operation.
- Alex wants help rehearsing for an audition in the school play. Mallory refuses saying, "I have too much respect for the theater. Besides, Gilligan's Island's on now."
- See Board Games page.
- Michael David Wright also appears in "My Back Pages" and "Heartstrings" (parts 1 and 2)
- Mallory pretends to like several things that Kevin does just so he'll like her (didn't she learn from Alex's similar attempt? - "Ladies' Man")
- Alex is trying out for the part of Stanley Kowalksi in A Streetcar Named Desire (famously played by Marlon Brando, which Jennifer points out, comparing Alex to Deputy Dawg).
- After the operation, Jennifer can't talk, and everyone thinks she's playing Charades. She wants something to write on, but Alex guesses From Here to Eternity, and Steven guesses No, No, Nanette.