Episode #119 - Season 6, Episode 1
First Aired: September 13, 1987
Andy goes to his first day of kindergarten and Jennifer goes to her first day of high school. Alex meets Lauren Miller (played by Courteney Cox), a psychology major at Leland College, who is conducting a study of overachievers. Despite some initial bumps, the two becomes close.
- What Andrew did over the summer: "I watched the Iran-Contra hearings." Alex prompts him: "And?" Andrew replies: "President Reagan doesn't know anything." A little more laughter ensues.
- Alex vs. the polygraph
- Parts of this episode are used as flashbacks in "Wrap Around the Clock".
- Elyse reports that Alex's kindergarten teacher's name was "Mrs. McGovern". This clashes with reports in other episodes: "Remembrances of Things Past" and "Sign of the Times".
- Steven uses the term "gnarly" (probably learned in the most recently-aired episode - "It's My Party"). Interestingly, had those old episodes not been aired, there would not have been such a nice segue into this episode.
- Pictures on their walls growing up - Lauren's friends: David Cassidy and John Travolta; Lauren: Sigmund Freud; Alex's friends: Jaclyn Smith and Farrah Fawcett; Alex: Pat Nixon.