Episode Info Episode #165 - Season 7, Episode 21
First Aired: April 16, 1989
Jennifer becomes obsessed with saving the environment. Of course, because of his economic interests, Alex takes offense with her campaign. Jennifer gets rid of all unacceptable household products and forbids Elyse to use the stove and Steven to use a styrofoam container. After confronting this issues, she becomes wearied by the size of the problem. The family gets worried that she might be too obsessed with the ecology problems. Steven and Elyse suggest she see the school counselor.
- Steven and Elyse sing "Save the Wombat, Lord" to the tune of Kumbaya .
- Mallory has a really bad hair-day.
- When Alex agrees to do the car pool, Andy is at the table with his mouth wide open (looks like he's stretching it with his fingers)
- A TV news report talks about the Exxon Valdez oil spill in Prince William Sound that happened on March 24, 1989 (just weeks before this episode aired)
- The family mentions the issue of radon build-up in basements (an issue not often spoken about in the 1980s).
- This is a really poor episode, that's not really funny, and way too focused (too preachy) on the environment. Even the counselor (who's supposed to help) becomes depressed.