Episode #38 - Season 2, Episode 16
First Aired: February 9, 1984
Mallory's boyfriend Rick (played by Thomas Byrd) asks her to have sex with him. Later, Mallory and her girlfriends discuss boys and who's having sex with whom, and the question of Rick comes up. Mallory goes to Alex for some advice. He tries to discourage her, but she still goes to his dorm room.
- Steven and Alex have excellent conversation and facial expressions with the tape recorder.
- Parts of this episode are used as a flashback in "A Word to the Wise".
- One of Mallory's friends says, "It's also unromantic to be 16 and pregnant", as Mallory well knows with her friend in the episode "Oops!" (though she was 15).
- Alex mentions his loss of virginity ("Summer of '82") trying to persuade Mallory not to sleep with Rick.
- Chess appears in this episode. Steven thinks he's winning when Alex pulls a quick checkmate.